Winners of the newly revamped Connaught New Researcher Awards, fostering excellence in research and innovation by assistant professors, include five researchers from the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering. They are:
- Professor Jason Anderson (ECE, MASc 9T7, PhD 0T5) – A self-accelerating adaptive processor: automatic software-to-hardware synthesis
- Professor Timothy Bender (ChemE) – Integration of the Nocel F5BsubPc into organic solar cells
- Professor Birsen Donmez (MIE) – Assessing feedback effects on driver attitudes and behaviors through the analysis of on-road driving data
- Professor Natalie Enright Jerger (ECE) – On-chip networks to enable exascale computing
- Professor Karl Peterson (CivE) – Investigation of applications of x-ray milli/micro-fluorescence (MXRF) technology to concrete.